Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mein Geburtstag, und der nächste Tag

The big 20. My host-mother called me old. Jokingly, but damn I do feel old. Though I guess it is one pretty important thing I've learned here in Germany--that worry is waste.


It was a great day. Just a regular day, where I had two classes, hung out with some friends, made some phone calls, got a tasty Indian food dinner, and then finished the day at my home with my host family, with whom I indulged some cake. They also bought me a pretty amazing Berlin cap and pretty comfy sandals--you know, the kind that says BERLIN BERLIN BERLIN BERLIN BERLIN BERLIN all over it, with an off-colored berlin once in a while. Whoever came up with that design must be making bank right now.

Everything is winding down. In a week at 10:05 from Berlin Tegel, I am beginning an epic journey back to Chicago. And that will mark the end of this study abroad quarter. How it flew by. What the fcuk.

In about an hour and a half, the Bings are sponsoring a grill party, where all our host families are invited and we can have time and food to enjoy with each other! I plan on staying in tonight, working hard and finishing up a lot of my environmental paper... and then ready to plan my awesome weekend. There is an Umweltfestival, or Environmental Festival in the city this Sunday, and I really want to rent a bike and ride around with people. That should be sick. Also, there's a design festival going on... and a bunch of partying is to be had before I go (albeit temporarily).

Und für jetzt ist das alles!

0 comments: