German, Environmental Paper, Reimbursements, transition, and fitting in the last tidbits of culture into this fantastic adventure.
Tomorrow night, the plan is to ride the Ring Bahn around, with iPods, silent dance parties, and some German beverages. It will be the night before our final German exam, which I'm not TOO worried about.
Today I stayed up and did my first whole day of work. I read a lot, wrote a lot, and honestly it was pretty nice. I felt good... being with myself, hanging out, doing what I wanted to do, reading what I wanted to read. It was fantastic. To think that last year around this time, I could barely stand being alone...
It's raining cats and dogs outside, quite loudly, and I hope that subsides by tomorrow. I plan on getting up in 7 hours or so to head to the Reichstag, the historic Parliament building, in which I can just wander around and go up to the glass dome up top. The glass dome symbolizes the transparency with which the German government wants to have, and this idea of transparency manifests itself in all the architecture in the so-called "governmental quarters," which includes buildings where the Chancellor works, where members of Congress work, etc.
----
So I just woke up, and it appears that I stopped this post halfway... through. That's probably why it ends abruptly.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Posted by Charlton at 12:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment